There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey

Once an enjoyable workplace has become not so enjoyable after all

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

co-workers and middle management are very supportive

Cons

New senior leadership has brought an east-coast attitude to business to midwest family life - the two are like oil and water. Some of us are now expected to be on call 24/7 and in the office until west coast business hours end....which is past dinner time for our families - for those of us with college degrees it shouldn't be a surprise that we are dissatisfied with being expected to work retail hours like this. No more bonuses and funds for celebrations have been given away to unfamiliar charities. Not cool.

You may not think that the satisfaction of employees is important and that you can just hire more people to replace those who have left, but all of our data we've collected for our clients says a high turnover and dissatisfied employees equal dissatisfied clients and decreased revenue...perhaps we need to practice what we preach?

95 Other Employee Reviews for Press Ganey (View Most Recent)

The culture of old is gone thanks to process wonks who haven't a clue.

Current Employee - Doesn't Matter Because Cronyism Keeps Great Employees Down in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Executive leadership is doing a fantastic job and should be commended for their efforts to improve this once stellar company. NOT!!! They will do everything they can to make sure all shareholders are taken care of. NOT!!! Executive leadership cares about employee satisfaction and treating employees with respect. NOT!!! The culture is not suffering, it's great. NOT!!! If the NOT's sound familiar, it comes from the TOP down on any given day...including the seemingly BAD days that people have. We expect more from our leadership ALWAYS, EVERYDAY.

Cons

Let's start with the obvious conflict of a survey company that sells an employee partnership survey yet no longer places an emphasis on surveying it's own employees. Imagine if the competition found out that Press Ganey sells a product that it doesn't even believe in enough to use internally like it used to. Decisions have consequences. Senor leadership has decided to behold processes and ebitda as the driving factors for company success. Pissing off shareholders along the way. Decisions have consequences.

It used to be said that the greatest key to success at Press Ganey was the people and their desire to help improve healthcare because everyone that worked there would be affected by healthcare at some point in time. It was often said that everybody had equal responsibility for that and everyone was in charge of customer service. It used to be a place where the mantra of "Work hard, play harder" was and meant something real. The company has managed to stay successful for over 25 years by focusing on customer service. The profits came in because of that focus. There was a reason the compass was the company logo. Some said it was a reminder that Press Ganey should never lose it's way towards it's goal of making healthcare better. That goal was achieved through customer service. EBITDA was an after-thought. That's not to say it wasn't important, but it wasn't the focus. Once the focus went away from the customer service aspect of helping clients improve in favor of process and EBITDA, it all went downhill. Decisions have consequences.

The hard working people at Press Ganey may not do everything right, but they do a lot right. And when new leadership comes in and decides to change things for the sake of doing something instead of taking the time to learn what's been successful and what hasn't, well those decisions have consequences too.

The consequences now are only 25% of the reviewers approve of the job you're doing. I'd say that's generous. I'd say that's lemmings of the new leadership trying to boost the numbers. Please please please. The people of Press Ganey aren't new to the numbers boosting game. You can't fool us. Leadership doesn't get a free pass just because they are leadership. If they are holding accountable the employees for their job, then the employees and fellow shareholders should hold leadership accountable as well.

1. NEVER NEVER EVER get rid of the Employee Partnership survey. It will tell you exactly what you're doing wrong and how to improve it. 2. Before putting stupid processes in place just to put a process in place, learn the current process, examine it for successes and shortcomings and then make the incremental changes as needed in an effort of continuous improvement. 3. Communicate, communicate, communicate. And when you're done, communicate some more. 4. Bring back Dr. Hall. He embodied and embraced the mantra.

I suspect had leadership had the forethought to do some of these things in the beginning, people wouldn't be doing their dirty laundry in public on places like this and other websites for the world to see. That's usually what the employee partnership survey was for but since it was determined early on in new leaderships tenure that the survey was "better placed as a 2013 initiative" this is the outcome of that decision. And decisions have consequences.

The company hacks have distorted the real picture of Press Ganey

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Boston Office has a lot of great people.

Cons

The current senior managment comes accross as clueless. They have exciting visions with no ablitiy to execute on them.

Communicate a road map. It is hard to find a directoin to a great destination without a clue about where you are today and a plan to get from the current situation to an exciting future.

There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey