There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Nice company but…

I worked at Procter & Gamble part-time

Pros

Well run company for the most part, but saw alot of cost inefficiencies. Probably why i was part of a massive downsizing-nationwide. They outsourced our sales/ merchandising jobs to another company

Cons

Low pay and not challenging work but stuck with it for the flexibility of my hours.

2079 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

Great reputation, crappy culture.

Former Employee - ABM in Bethel, CT (US)
    Former Employee - ABM in Bethel, CT (US)

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get a big CPG name on your resume.

Cons

Culture of forced rankings led to less collaboration and constant competition to a point where it was not productive. Politics was rampant since your performance hinges on how well your manager represents you and if you have politically allied yourself with people who will be in your calibration session. Not the fairest of systems...

Change the forced ranking system as it is not promoting a good culture as proven by many articles on this topic and more companies moving away from it.

Great people and challenging work but too rigid, hierarchical, and extremely competitive.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely talented people who enjoy collaborating and achieving great results.
    Focus on training and development. I've had some of the best managers of my career at P&G.
    Diverse brands offer a vast array of business situations to build expertise.
    Variety of resources and support to get your work done.

Cons

Exhausting to get things done due to multiple priorities and layers of approvals. Decision making is not P&G's strength.
    Relentless focus on data is great but it comes at the expense of learning to trust your gut. Also too many internal experts...we should be looking externally more.
    Up or out system. P&G hires some of the best people in the world but you end up feeling average. Employees are rated yearly by managers we've never met so sucess is dependent on how you write your results and your manager's ability to influence others.

Empower employees to make more decisions at the lower levels, and put more of the internal competitive focus on the actual competition. Celebrate people's strenghts and help them find career opportunities that better fit their skills instead of making them feel inadequate.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble