Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com
  www.pbp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Positive about the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been able to work with some autonomy and grow the business segments within the realm of my responsibility. My role has not changed, but I have been able to better define the role and increase expectations and results. I enjoy those I work with, am challenged to by the fact there is more I can do to improve processes towards increasing revenue for the company and my division.

Cons

Low salary, but have been able to grow income through incentives.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

Everyone was so supportive and encouraging

Former Employee - Assistant Editor  in  Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Editor in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I began work at PBP as an administrative assistant in the special events department. It wasn't my dream job, but the people were all very nice and the work was enjoyable. As I expressed interest and showed ability, my supervisor was happy to allow me to branch out into different types of tasks and areas of the company. Some of the wonderful things I got to do while working at PBP include assisting with the design of the line of greeting cards and developing a dance team with a few elementary school students that attend a school the PBP sponsors. I was also encouraged to apply for a position in the editorial department, even though it took me away from my admin duties. Everyone was happy to give me opportunities and support my goals from the beginning of my time there (I was even able to telecommute part time). It was difficult to leave such a welcoming and encouraging group of people when I had to take my leave due to relocating for my husband's work.

Cons

There were a few things that bothered me with the editorial work. One of them was having to do cold calls, mostly because I am not a terribly confident person on the phone. Another was the strictness of the format of how they write the articles for the newsletter, but that's what works for them and it's something that you just have to learn how to do.

It would have been encouraged to research articles more before writing them.

Not proud to call them my employer

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

Casual work environment, mentoring program with children of an inner-city school, flexible hours

Cons

Will do anything to make money, even if it is unethical
    Very poor reputation
    Little to no managerial interaction with staff
    Too many random divisions and departments under one roof
    Shady business practices
    Low pay
    Poor facilities
    Terrible technology

Stop being "sneaky" and trying to make profits however you can - conduct legitimate business. Your unethical practices are taking their toll on your reputation.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!