Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com

My Job Is Rewarding

Current Employee - Rather Not Say  in  Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My job is rewarding. I know the work I do is benefiting various types of individuals and therefore organizations all over the country. Everyday is different for me so it keeps it fresh. While every job has a sense of monotony, the nature of what we do – providing educational materials to business minded folk – provides enough variety to keep it interesting. I am well respected by my boss and I am never micro-managed. While I am guided, I have found that in this company, if you are organized and good with time management you will be treated as the adult you should be in a corporate setting. You are set up for success and led to make “executive decisions” which also makes for a better work environment. Holding employees accountable for their decisions, creativity, and behavior is essential to a successful company.

A lot of companies preach an “open door policy” but I must stress how true this is at PBP. I always feel I am “heard” when I have an idea, propose a process, or simply voice my opinion about how I perceive something happening in the office or company. That to me is the most important part of any job.

Cons

As with every job, of course it has its "cons". Our area in the building is very cold everyday, no matter the weather outside. We do have a space heater though. Also, who doesn’t want to make more money? I have had wage increases as I have moved up and into various positions with different responsibilities but of course I hope to get more responsibility eventually and therefore make more money.

Other Reviews for Progressive Business Publications

This company has given me more chances for success than any other organization would dream of

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  DuBois, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in DuBois, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible Schedule, You get paid for the effort you put in and the process is very understanding and easy to work with.

Cons

Bad employees fudging the system to make themselves orders and hurting the companies reputation.

Keep up the hard work, the employees that are there every day are well worth your effort. Do not let the individuals that make snap decisions of the company with out having all the facts bother you.

Empowering learning experience at Progressive Business Publications

Former Employee - Summer Marketing Intern  in  Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Summer Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Working as a summer marketing intern at Progressive Business Publications was a truly empowering experience. Never was I treated as "just" an intern, but instead I was taking on tasks like a full-time employee would from day one. The atmosphere among the employees at Progressive Business Publications was remarkable; everyone was friendly and everyone was constantly happy to help and answer questions. My supervisor made sure that I had all the resources I needed in order to fulfill my tasks. Feedback was always prompt and constructive, and whenever I had an idea for a project, I was given full attention by upper level management. Within the ten weeks that I spend interning at Progressive Business Publications, I learned a tremendous amount of applicable knowledge that has since helped me in the classroom as well as in other jobs and internships I have held since. I certainly enjoyed my time at Progressive Business Publications and I am hoping to have the chance to return to the company.

Cons

There are not many cons to mention, besides some tedious tasks that every entry-level position has and the fact that I was not there long enough to join any of the company sports teams.

Keep up the good work at empowering your employees and pushing them to do the best they can.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!