Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com

Exactly as Promised...It's What You Make Of It

Marketing (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

ProsProgressive Business Publications is a very stable company, with a strong base of business, which allows them to aggressively pursue growth initiatives. As in any entrepreneurial environment, the job is really what you make of it, and is perfect for anybody who knows how to prioritize and go after the top 20% of opportunities. Expectations are high, and potential compensation is strong for those who make an impact.
Having grown up in the traditional print newsletter business, Progressive Business Publications has made aggressive strides in the digital and e-commerce spaces, creating brand new businesses that leverage its existing content and resources, and makes fast growth possible. If you know how to write a business plan and build a financial model, you can launch a business, and get to profitability much faster than in a traditional setup.
Business owners are empowered to make decisions, and are clearly on the hook for results. If you like and want true accountability, along with all of the authority to make it happen, this is for you. This is not a place for anybody who wants to coast along.
During the hiring process, the recruiter and everybody I met with stressed the company's culture and values. I was honestly skeptical as to how far these went within the company, and am happy to say that there is a consistency in this, across all levels and departments. Progressive Business Publications hires smart and talented people, who are also driven and respectful. Don't get me wrong...there is plenty of healthy debate and productive conflict, so you should be comfortable with this, and know that it makes for better business.

ConsThe fast pace of growth initiatives makes for some difficult prioritization discussions and resourcing. As with most companies, this impacts IT work, which can create resourcing issues. This is being actively addressed with stronger project management and ownership of initiatives.
Also, not a con for me, but if you're looking for a job where you just show up and leave at the appointed times, this is not for you. You will work hard, and have high expectations put on you, so be prepared.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the balance of high expectations with the empowerment to make it happen, and I'll stick around.

Internship at Progressive Business Publications

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I interned here while still in college and learned a ton about how company culture can shape the success of a company. I was… Cons: The commute was a little far for me. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great opportunity for growth and creative thinking

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: PBP has a great culture. People are friendly and great to work with. It has… Cons: Sometimes too many projects going on at once can cause… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Progressive Business Publications.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!