There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

Tough work but worth it in the long run

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Protiviti

Pros

Overall it was a good place to work when I was there. Can't speak to current enviornment but generally speaking management listened to my needs and helped me develop. Clients were difficult at times as they are in any organization and one faces the same challenges that one would in any consulting enviornment.

Cons

Hours were pretty long at time, and some of the work mundane. But nothing out of the ordinary. Sometimes it was difficult for new employees to assimilate into the environment, especially to initially land clients. However, I suppose the top performers were able to make it through this difficulty.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and continue to expand services.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not for you if you are a mother

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Protiviti

Pros

Great work assignments most of the time and excellent local MD. No office politics and great, talented colleagues.

Cons

If you are the primary carer of your children, working for Protiviti might be tricky. While I was always able to take time off if I needed, the career advancement was absolutely out of question. Professional services require steady 12 -14 hours a day. It is common to come home, feed the children and put them to bed and then continue to work a few more hours to be able to stay in line with your colleagues. And even if you do this systematically, it is unlikely you will get promoted.

Another negative is the lack of office space, not to mention quality work space; you can be more comfortable in a bus station.

Advice to Management

Good work

2. It's a job

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Clients are great to work with, most of the time. Leadership is trying but the uncertain times make it impossible to figure out what direction to go.

Cons

Uncertain future. The culture of cooperation, teaming, etc. is dissolving as people go in to the mode of self preservation. There are still a lot of people who want to do the right thing though and I think they'll survive but have to reinvent again.

Advice to Management

Make sure people aren't just talking the talk. Everyone on board with teaming, but many not acting that way. Look to some of the smaller offices for good leaders. They built things from scratch. Don't assume all ot the good talent has to be sitting in a big office some where.