Public Consulting Group
www.publicconsultinggroup.com Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

PCG has its issues but its not beyond saving.

Technical Specialist III (Current Employee)

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPCG has given me a lot of flexibility in where and how I work, in the projects I'm involved in. There's a lot going on, and if you've got motivation, and can politic a bit, you can get involved in a lot of different things.

ConsEach dev house seems to be a silo. They don't communicate with one another, and different rules and standards apply to different offices. In Montreal, you have a Win7/whatever-the-latest-thing-from-microsoft house. In other dev offices, ITS limits hardware and software to windowsXP or 2003. There's no consistency.

Consultants drive the business, but often with unrealistic requirements/expectations, and without communication of a bigger picture. This leads to a lot of one-off solutions that are largely redundant.

There's no real communication from the top-down. The company expects you to tow the PCG line and have the cult-of-pcg mentality, but they don't inspire or encourage the way you have to in order to foster that environment.

There is no real communication from the top-donw.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the love. The company is profitable in spite of itself. Reward good people. Hire good people. Don't hate on individuals because they don't tow the line. Don't sideline people because of who they've been associated with. We've got a lot of people, and some of us have good ideas.

Disappointing

Claims Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Public Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The location I worked at offered some flexibility to choose your schedule; half… Cons: The cliche 'overworked and underpaid' is so fitting with PCG. The workload and numbers/quantity driven expectations are so ridiculous and unrealistic that its borderline laughable.… Advice to Senior Management: Work on instilling some morale, need better leadership. Higher pay or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

IT is broken and no one is able to fix.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Public Consulting Group

Pros: The Boston office is in a great location. Cons: Serious material issues in IT. Complete disarray. Board not commited… Advice to Senior Management: Outsource all of IT. PCG does not know how to Plan, Budget, Hire, and Manage IT. In the last… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Public Consulting Group.

Worked for Public Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Public Consulting Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Public Consulting Group CEO William S Mosakowski. All reviews posted anonymously by Public Consulting Group employees.