There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great opportunities, but structure creates significant challenges

Current Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros

1.) Community - I love the people I work with. They are brilliant at what they do, but more importantly they are fantastic people.
2.) Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, exposure to senior leadership with clients.
3.) Personally, I enjoy the travel.

Cons

1.) Politics - the partnership structure creates huge challenges to effectively deliver work. If you need expertise from another practice area, good luck getting it easily.
2.) Leadership support - again, because of how the firm is structured, even if your leadership supports your work and what you're doing, it may not be valued by the rest of the firm. Particularly if it's not in the audit space.

Remove the red tape that prohibits employees from moving around, but more importantly, that inhibits our ability to effectively deliver service to clients because we can't "share" expertise and we end up competing internally for projects.

4983 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

I Love working at PwC

Current Employee - Experienced Tax Associate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Experienced Tax Associate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits of working for a big 4 accounting firm are amazing. They do everything they can to accomodate to their employees and they are very flexible with your personal committments outside of work.

Cons

One negative of working for a large company is that there are so many locations and thousands of employees that sometimes you feel like a number. I don't necessarily feel like that is the case in my individual office. Most of the time everyoine is very friendly and willing to help you out.

High energy and lots of benefits to those willing to do the work

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best people to work with - very bright and energized
    lots of opportunities for training and advancement
    very diverse working environment allows to try several different industries

Cons

work/life balance is tough
    have to be willing to do alot extra - not just harder hours, but travel and last minute changes

Stop with the recent cost cutting and go back to a more national level with trainings at the associate and senior levels - that is one of the biggest reasons anyone joins a national firm

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!