PwC

www.pwc.com

Great opportunities, but structure creates significant challenges

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Pros1.) Community - I love the people I work with. They are brilliant at what they do, but more importantly they are fantastic people.
2.) Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, exposure to senior leadership with clients.
3.) Personally, I enjoy the travel.

Cons1.) Politics - the partnership structure creates huge challenges to effectively deliver work. If you need expertise from another practice area, good luck getting it easily.
2.) Leadership support - again, because of how the firm is structured, even if your leadership supports your work and what you're doing, it may not be valued by the rest of the firm. Particularly if it's not in the audit space.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the red tape that prohibits employees from moving around, but more importantly, that inhibits our ability to effectively deliver service to clients because we can't "share" expertise and we end up competing internally for projects.

High energy and lots of benefits to those willing to do the work

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Best people to work with - very bright and energized lots of opportunities… Cons: work/life balance is tough have to be willing to do alot extra… Advice to Senior Management: Stop with the recent cost cutting and go back to a more national level with trainings at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not an ideal place to work!!

Senior Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It only looks good on your resume. Cons: Poor training when you start with the firm and throughout the year. Very low pay for work required. You are not getting paid for tones of… Advice to Senior Management: Give out a more vacation days, better benefits, and pay over time Kissing up does not mean you are doing a good job A good number of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!