Strategy Consulting

Former Employee - Management Consultant  in  New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Management Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at PwC

Pros

Great benefits (3wks vacation to start, lots of days off, 401k partial matching), lots of smart people with great industry knowledge in the consulting (advisory) end of the business

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy, particularly on the engagement acceptance process (largely because of PwC's audit role) and client billing. Promotions that are needed for particular groups can be scuttled because of overall business performance. Since I've left, I've heard that PwC has become much more tightfisted about expenses, promotions, raises, etc.

Become less risk averse, especially on the consulting side of things. If PwC really wants to expand into non-audit and tax work it needs to streamline processes and make it easier for employees to do work

Other Reviews for PwC

Good place for hard working and ambitious people

Current Employee - Director  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Partnership seems to really care about the people. Only one small layoff was done during the recession of 2008 / 2010 so far. This compares to multiple significant layoffs by competitors.

Good compensation, if you are top performer.

Cons

Just like most consulting jobs, working in PwC Advisory requires long hours and occasional weekends

Consider introducing an incentive compensation structure that ties the bonus for Directors and Managing Directors to the sales amount, and possibly utilization. If I bring in $3 million in business and still have a 90% utilizatiton, which nets the company over $500,000 after taking into account salary and benefits, I would think it would be fair for me to get at least 1% of that net.

love it at PwC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

I have been working at PwC

Pros

great people with great place

Cons

none - this is really a great place

keep up the good work

There are newer employer reviews for PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!