There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Many opportunities at the technical forefront, above average internal mobility and benefits, slightly above average pay

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Opportunities to work and innovate in a wide-range of technical disciplines. Internal mobility is higher than at most companies, which helps to prevent burnout. Solid benefits and employee profit sharing.

Cons

Workload is high despite excessive number of meetings; often the entire day is booked full of meetings causing you to stay late into the night to get actual work done.

Team members often give the appearance of working without actually contributing towards project milestones. Therefore, the burden is doubled on the few that actually perform. This may often go unrecognized.

Hire fewer, but higher performing engineers and incentivise them more. Improve focus by reducing team sizes and number of meetings.

1627 Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm (View Most Recent)

University like environment, good pay, great benefits, so-so advancement

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Qualcomm

Pros

-Great upper management
    -Flexible work hours
    -ESPP
    -RSU stock bonuses
    -Smart, work oriented people (no babysitting other employees)
    -Empowerment environment (figure everything out for yourself)
    -Ability to work on cunning edge technology and change the work with your ideas
    -Fast paced & dynamic working environment
    -Bi-annual performance reviews (includes merit increase, cash & RSU bonuses)
    -San Diego
    -On site gym
    -Working meals

Cons

-Have to be in a position for at least 3 years
    -If you transfer to a different division your 3 years in position get reset
    -Your tech manager has the biggest weight on your performance reviews
    -When you get a job there they will almost always push you down in title to reduce quicker rise to management positions, will still pay you well for your experience

When employees transfer divisions do not reset their years in position to 0. This is the worst business practice I have ever seen. I have seen many excellent engineers with very high performance reviews pushed out of the company because they were either forced to change divisions or changed to gain knowledge and ended up having to leave the company when they realized they had to wait around 4-6 years before they could ever get a promotion even though their performance reviews were outstanding.

The Best

Current Employee - Staff Engineer/Manager  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer/Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Very dynamic place, always changing every thing.
    You feel like you are on a very fast treadmill, when I take vacations and come back, I feel that I have missed out on a lot of new knowledge.
    One of the best corporate cultures and management team.

Cons

Sometimes deadlines and pressures of some chips can be hard, and it is hard to publish papers.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!