Working Environment is Excellent

Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator  in  Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Quintiles full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Working Environment is Excellent and we love to work with our team, As it is worlds biggest CRO we have plenty of opportunities to grow with the job

Cons

I did not find any Cons, working with Quintiles till now in my working tenure so i would not like to say anything wrong

Other Reviews for Quintiles

Good experience or for transition, long term prospects vary widely...

Former Employee - Senior Position In IT Operations  in  Durham, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Position In IT Operations in Durham, NC (US)

I worked at Quintiles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No shortage of exciting work. Get to work with some motivated people. IT is well removed from the clinical setting, but still feel like making a difference. Mature set of processes and standards. Onboarding for general HR is very polished with lots of custom online courses. I have never been at a company that actively supports folks changing roles if they would be happier/more effective. I know many folks that have taken advantage of this and found a better fit for them once they were in the company for 6+ months.

Cons

As others have mentioned, cliques. Work life balance depends on how much your manager can manage expectations. Some groups were awesome, some really get dumped on over and over. Silos in IT allow some folks/departments to have an excuse for doing poor job responding to internal customers. IT Training budget evaporates some years. Never knew anyone to get help attending an industry conference no matter how valuable. Travel budget nonexistent for IT groups. Requirements Analysis often skipped in favor of a get-it-out-the-door mentality. Turnover is a big issue lately along with the associated brain drain. Documentation required for IT tasks can be daunting although I understand why the customer may want it.

Give employees some insight behind the 'no' answers. Transparency for budgeting, review of why budgets weren't followed. Give employees insight into future direction. Train your people, support them attending industry conferences, no company is an island!

Challenging but can burn you out quick

I have been working at Quintiles

Pros

Great health benefits and lots of projects

Cons

Work a lot of hours

Create incentive for pulling such long hours

There are newer employer reviews for Quintiles.

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!