Quintiles

www.quintiles.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Quintiles

Working Environment is Excellent

Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Working Environment is Excellent and we love to work with our team, As it is worlds biggest CRO we have plenty of opportunities to grow with the job

Cons

I did not find any Cons, working with Quintiles till now in my working tenure so i would not like to say anything wrong

621 Other Employee Reviews for Quintiles (View Most Recent)

Good experience or for transition, long term prospects vary widely...

Former Employee - Senior Position In IT Operations in Durham, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Position In IT Operations in Durham, NC (US)

I worked at Quintiles full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No shortage of exciting work. Get to work with some motivated people. IT is well removed from the clinical setting, but still feel like making a difference. Mature set of processes and standards. Onboarding for general HR is very polished with lots of custom online courses. I have never been at a company that actively supports folks changing roles if they would be happier/more effective. I know many folks that have taken advantage of this and found a better fit for them once they were in the company for 6+ months.

Cons

As others have mentioned, cliques. Work life balance depends on how much your manager can manage expectations. Some groups were awesome, some really get dumped on over and over. Silos in IT allow some folks/departments to have an excuse for doing poor job responding to internal customers. IT Training budget evaporates some years. Never knew anyone to get help attending an industry conference no matter how valuable. Travel budget nonexistent for IT groups. Requirements Analysis often skipped in favor of a get-it-out-the-door mentality. Turnover is a big issue lately along with the associated brain drain. Documentation required for IT tasks can be daunting although I understand why the customer may want it.

Give employees some insight behind the 'no' answers. Transparency for budgeting, review of why budgets weren't followed. Give employees insight into future direction. Train your people, support them attending industry conferences, no company is an island!

Experience with company all dependent on division you are in

Former Employee - Senior CRA
    Former Employee - Senior CRA

I worked at Quintiles full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benenfits, monthly reimbursement for gym membership, massages etc. Multiple programs in place to enhance work/life balance if you have the time to take advantage of them.

Cons

Company touted work/life balance in interview and I traveled 80-95% of the entire time I worked for the company. Multiple administrative tasks require completion in addition to all of the work required for the client. Plan to work at least 70 hours a week including weekends or you will get behind. My manager was incompentent, upon informing upper management, it affected my treatment as an employee instead of addressing the issue. Multiple people reporting to my manager gave negative feedback to upper management and nothing was done. Encouraged additional training for promotion but did not receive one. The client was very happy with my work and informed my Q manager of this and it was rarely acknowleged. Say no when asked to take on extra work as they will keep piling it on. Do not recognize great talent. Plan to work for the company for at least 3-5 years before receiving a promotion.

Listen to the employees who are working directly with the client. They are the face of the company. If you receive mulitlple complaints about a manager, reprimand them and if nothing changes, replace them or you will continue to lose employees. Build consistency across all divisions so processes are implemented smoothly.

There are newer employer reviews for Quintiles