There are newer employer reviews for RGP

I have worked with a diverse group of outstanding people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at RGP

Pros

Creative, smart - solid people.
Unlimited opportunities to network internally to find the help you need
People are willing to help you
People are interested in one another

Cons

The lack of formal programs, such as performance review & development initiatives, can be frustrating at times.

Be more open to new ideas & programs. Even if "it" isn't the best fit, try it and we will all learn something.

161 Other Employee Reviews for RGP (View Most Recent)

Feel misled about potential opportunities with most time spent on bench while they focused on maximzing their profit.

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at RGP

Pros

Benefits are decent. Continue to be fully paid for 2 months while on bench.
    Potential to see other corporate environments.

Cons

There are cleary many more consultants on the bench than on assignments.
    Shocking amount of mark-up. Saw billing to client, who was charged 250% of what I was paid.
    Assignments often seem to be in very troubled, crisis-filled areas with difficult people and situations.
    Consultants are viewed as money-maker to company, but there is no support or loyalty to contractors and absolutely no communication or support when you are on the bench.
    Have been pushed into assignments that really weren't good fits with interests/skills, but they talked it up and I had been on the bench so long, I took it knowing it would not be a pleasant experience.
    Often have long meetings with management that are not billable and are waste of time. They are trying to glean new leads for clients.
    Limited contact during assignments. Feel out there on your own.

Change your culture so that consultants are made to feel part of a supportive environment and not just a commodity. If in the position to hire a consultant, I would never look to RGP based on their model and their mark-up.

Was good but lost it's way

I worked at RGP

Pros

Good clients and projects. Not a business heavily into process, so allows flexibility in approach. As a consultant they are as good as their projects and the client service director you get

Cons

As the market moved, shifted from a professional service approach to one of an agency. They used to keep consultants busy but now pick them up and drop them as projects come and go. Low levels of projects makes it difficult to roll from one project to another so loyalty has dropped.

Realize that the current (low) volume is driven by the lack of value added in the service and the high prices charged. Shift one or both.

There are newer employer reviews for RGP

Worked for RGP? Contribute to the Community!