Raven Industries

www.ravenind.com
  www.ravenind.com
There are newer employer reviews for Raven Industries

Review

Current Employee - Production in Sioux Falls, SD (US)
Current Employee - Production in Sioux Falls, SD (US)

I have been working at Raven Industries

Pros

If you are about to retire, this is the company for you.There is not a lot opportunity due to the fact of it being a company that is already matured. Company values experience, over skills.

Cons

Company doesn't follow it's open door policy. Command hierarchy, makes it difficult to advance in career. Very "Political" company, since they tend not to live up to their promises.

management anonymous review.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Raven Industries (View Most Recent)

One of Sioux Fall's best

I have been working at Raven Industries

Pros

Top notch organization. The benefits that are offered are very competitive within the Sioux Falls market and in most cases less expensive than a majority of SF employers. Competitive in terms of salary. Generous in terms of policies and procedures. Exciting in terms of the products we produce. Relaxed and extremely open, friendly environment. I love it!!

Cons

I believe the Leaders at Raven have the best intentions but have a difficult time executing. Raven is not the "technology" company they claim to be but I believe they are trying to move in that direction. Raven may be notorious for "lay-offs" but in reality, it's temporary employees whose assignment has ended. The biggest draw back might be the cyclical nature of the business. But in reality isn't this true of many manufacturing companies, that to single Raven out would not be fair.

Dan and his team of leaders need to be one step ahead. Where are the creative minds that will take Raven to the next level. Stop waiting....take a leap of faith.....become the industry leader that you claim us to be.

Getting too political NOT the Company that it used to be

I have been working at Raven Industries full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits for the area.

Cons

Company does not reward loyalty or hard work, little room for advancement, politics involved in all decisions.
    People close to executives, or relatives/church buddies are given raises and are promoted quickly even if not qualified.
    New management does not follow what it preaches. Can't make decisions on product direction.
    Currently have a reputation for manufacturing outdated products. New products are released before they are ready for market.

There are newer employer reviews for Raven Industries