Good Company

Current Employee - Systems Engineer II
Current Employee - Systems Engineer II

I have been working at Raytheon full-time

Pros

Overall I'm please. Large company equals large system, but if you can handle a it the compensation is very good. Plus benefits are hard to beat.

Cons

There is a ton of training to get done. No one really helps you navigate they system. There is a ton of classes to take (Raytheon provided) to be able to compete for promotion.

Less is more. All of the training "makes" a good employee, but slows work. Look more at on job accomplishments and less at LMS training.

Other Reviews for Raytheon

Summary of compensation and benefits

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

Competitive compensation, including base salary and bonus plan vs. other aerospace competition

Cons

Limited vacation time accrual. Can be a challenging working environment.

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great -- genuinely friendly and team-oriented. I don't normally keep in touch as friends with the people I have worked with, after the job ends, but this time I have. The work is challenging as well.

Cons

The systems and processes are underdeveloped for a company of its size. The IT organisation has not been forward-looking, with the result that non-technical employees are far behind in the technologies that they can use. In other areas, there is too much duplicate work. For example, being able to make an online entry or request while still having to fill out forms and run around and have them signed. Very old fashioned.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!