Raytheon

www.raytheon.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Great company that is undervalued

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a well run company with an honorable mission. Things are well organized. Processes are well defined and you know what to expect. There are not many surprises. By far, Raytheon is the most ethical company I have ever worked at. Employees are encouraged to do the right thing and there appears to be little tolerance for those who don't. The company hangs its hat on integrity and excellence. Generally speaking, the leadership is good. They invest in training and developing their employees. Some complain they don't, but they do. There is regular communcation at the corporate and business level about what it going on in the industry and in the company. When I worked there, I heard a lot of complaints about diversity. It is much more diverse than where I am now with a global conglomerate. The 9/80 work week is a huge plus and makes up for longer hours on the other days. Career paths are well defined and training is available to everyone. They do an employee survey and actually take action. There are some wicked smart people who work there and it was an honor to work with them.

Cons

Because of the long lead time on projects, you could be in the same job for a while and"get stuck". So, you have to really manage your career and communicate desires to manager. Moving between businesses can be challenging if you don't have a network, but it can be done. Sometimes leaders are promoted into roles they are not ready for and management is too slow to address. There is great work on cool technology, however the skills and knowledge is undervalued by other industries. If you don't plan to stay long, know that you'll have to overcome that perception.

Address leadership issues sooner rather than later to avoid disengagement. Keep recruiting the best and brightest.

1601 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Raytheon Review

Current Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Andover, MA (US)
    Current Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Andover, MA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Extremely positive environment where everybody can succeed and interns are treated as full-time employees.

Cons

I did not have any bad experiences during my 6 month Co-op at Raytheon.

Very good company to work for

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Fort Irwin, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Fort Irwin, CA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very good mid-level management, they work with you to do the best job for the customer.

Cons

top management tend to treat the lower employees like they give little value to the company. yet we are the people that the customer work one on one with every day.

One day I was in a food line to get lunch, a high level manager was at our site for the day. I was in front of him in the food line and I introduced my self to him as also working at Raytheon and put my hand out. He did not shake my hand, but told me that he was my "Boss then" and I should let him go in line first. He did this in front of the customer. I told him that the customer was my boss and I would leave some food for him. He got in a another food line. This is the type of upper management that we do not need.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon