There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Raytheon is decent.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth within the company. A lot of the managers here are good at teaching new things and new processes to people with less experience. My coworkers are friendly and there is a really good team atmosphere. The tools used at work are very helpful. Overall, I enjoy working with my team and working under my current department.

Cons

The work atmosphere can be competitive at times in terms of dealing with other people in similar positions. Sometimes you have to work late hours and long days. Overall, sometimes task can become tedious and mundane.

Listen to the employees more.

1457 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fullerton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Exposure to various technologies that are not immediately related to my academic studies. They've given me on-the-job training, just about everything I need to be successful at what I do. They're paying for my graduate studies, certifications, and all other related technical training external to the company.

Cons

Management doesn't give much feedback and is often too busy to respond to simple requests such as those for tools necessary to do work (e.g., logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, waveform generators, multimeters, etc.)

Need more feedback. More often, not just when it's required by management above senior management!

Raytheon is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer II
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer II

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

What we do directly affects the warfighter. The company has good benefits and has multiple programs to support the employees. There are ample opportunities for continuing education. The OneRTN philosophy has opened up the different divisions to information sharing.
    In addition to company holidays, I get 200 hrs (4 weeks) vacation tiem.

Cons

Women do not get equal treatment, though the company policies strive to support equality in the workplace. Many are directed into positions that tend to "pigeon hole' them in areas with little recognition or potential for advancement.

Hire middle managers who are engineers with management training. Many mid-level managers are engineers-- which is necessary because they have to manage a highly technical workforce-- but their interpersonal and management skills are lacking...

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!