Reed Elsevier Group
www.reedelsevier.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Nice place to work, can be challenging for an American to get ahead

Technology (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group

ProsGreat work life balance, they understand that employees have lives and the goal is to do your job not just show up in a specific location.

It is a truly global organization so the opportunity to interact meaningfully with a wide range of people is very real.

ConsElsevier can be very euro-centric in how people are promoted and treated. When I was there it was much more common for Europeans to be promoted into senior U.S. based positions than the opposite. It came across as a glass ceiling for Americans.

Getting things done can be tedious. There are layers of internal departments who main function appears to be form completion and project delay. This is common to many large organizations so it's not a unique problem. It did get worse over time though as more MBAs entered the business.

productive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros: Some excellent talented people work there. Independence to excel… Cons: lack of training (if that is required) highly political to the… Advice to Senior Management: look up the facts yourself and don't let perception and… More

Good

Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros: good health benefits for all employees and family Cons: senior management is inconsistent and makes snap decisions Advice to Senior Management: need to be more proactive and reward good talent Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Reed Elsevier Group.

Worked for Reed Elsevier Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reed Elsevier Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reed Elsevier Group CEO Erik Engstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Reed Elsevier Group employees.