Reed Elsevier Group
www.reedelsevier.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

The greatest publisher in the world-content wise, but a difficult place in which to succeed.

San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

ProsThe largest publisher in the world, delivering critical material to science professionals that ultimately helps in discoveries to improve life and living everywhere.

ConsThis applies to the books group only: Heavily matrixed organization, difficult to learn one's way. Systems need work. Change is constant. Sr exec sometimes insults/berates employees publicly and allows an environment for other employees to follow suit.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior mgmt (books) needs to show more maturity in group meetings and people management.

EDIT was great, now it is a shell of what it once was.

Consulting Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Miamisburg, OH (US)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros: Because you can't find a better job, because the economy is so bad that you would rather risk pending layoffs than… Cons: All of the real work is done in India Advice to Senior Management: Tell the truth, don't spin. Employees are not as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Uninspired senior managment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH (US)

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros: Great co-workers, until they left for better places to work Cons: Management is so unknowledgeable about the business that they constantly hire outside consultants to tell them what to do. We've seen every one you… Advice to Senior Management: Crispin Davis is being replaced. To the new guy I say: look very very carefully at what is going on, especially in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Reed Elsevier Group.

Worked for Reed Elsevier Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reed Elsevier Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reed Elsevier Group CEO Erik Engstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Reed Elsevier Group employees.