Reed Elsevier Group
www.reedelsevier.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Constant shifting coupled with no real change

New York, NY (US)

ProsGenerally treats its employees well. Time off, working flexibility are good, pensions, benefit were good but have been getting worse. Work life can be very pleasant and measured, all the usual trappings of a company their size.

ConsNo-one's heard of the company. People know the brands but expect to explain how to pronounce Reed Elsevier (reed el-severe) let alone what they do. It seems like change happens at a glacial place. Management has been turned over several times in the last 2yrs, this, coupled with the downturn, has led to continued product stagnation and a general lack of overall direction. They've been steadying the ship but don't have a rudder or any wind the sails.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet some direction, communicate it, to the employees and to the market stick to it.

Good place to work but below average pay and ot adjusting to changes to their market well

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros: Fair treatment of employees, transparent policies, mgt. pretty good. They are recently becoming good at allowing movement to parts of the… Cons: Not reacting well to changes or attacks on their industry of information services and, as a result, not keepign up with… Advice to Senior Management: Try to do the actual job of a sales rep for a week in terms of barriers internally to sales and you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very good work life balance

Senior Editor (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros: work life balance is extremely good in my area anyway,… Cons: hard to get anything done, some of the people in my area are quite cliquey and hard to get to know, I'm on a maternity… Advice to Senior Management: I'm quite happy with the way things are run by management. Most of the managers I have worked… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Reed Elsevier Group.

Worked for Reed Elsevier Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reed Elsevier Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reed Elsevier Group CEO Erik Engstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Reed Elsevier Group employees.