Referentia Systems
www.referentia.com Honolulu, HI 16 to 50 Employees

Best Start to my Career I Could Ever Hope for

Systems Engineer II (Former Employee)
Honolulu, HI (US)

I worked at Referentia Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best thing about working here was how much I learned on the job and how supportive the team and management were about my development. It gave me an amazing lead in to arguably the best field for an engineer to be in now and onward. Company culture is good, morale is high, and work was exciting. I had two very different but skilled managers who I enjoyed working with and never had any conflicts with any team members. I was also able to move up fairly quickly in pay and position, so it's good to know hard work is rewarded.

ConsI felt like a slacker if I didn't put in more than 8 hours, but that was entirely in my mind and there was no real pressure. Most people do seem to work longer, though. I know some people feel underpaid. I didn't, but that said I am getting a substantial pay increase for my new job doing similar things. My resignation was largely in order to get back to the mainland.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing an excellent job for a smaller company and I hope to work with you in the future.Small contracts can bring the company very valuable tools and skills that can be used further, but an effort must be made to understand and translate them before they are forgotten.

Good place to work but as in any office...

Unique Position Intentionally Masked (Former Employee)
Honolulu, HI (US)

I worked at Referentia Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros: Paid company lunches during company meetings, free company clothing, all the free snacks you could eat. Beer in company fridge available after 5pm. Good health… Cons: Heavy University of Hawaii bias. Internal politics sometimes weren't handled very well. Saw some really good former co-workers who worked very hard and gave a… Advice to Senior Management: You never know who you have working for you, or what they are capable of unless you take everyone who works for you seriously. The… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company

I have been working at Referentia Systems

Pros: The best company I've ever worked for. Very friendly… Cons: In my particular case, working in a very remote site often left me out of what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Referentia Systems.

Worked for Referentia Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Referentia Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Referentia Systems CEO Nelson Kanemoto . All reviews posted anonymously by Referentia Systems employees.