Regis Corporation

www.regiscorp.com
  www.regiscorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

Learned a Ton

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Madison, WI (US)
Current Employee - Salon Manager in Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very little time watched over, freedom to set your own hours, schedule, and even set your own sales. If you suceed, corporate for the most part will leave you alone. A ton of free stuff from vendors, and points for tools for the pro:)

Cons

Pay is terrible, as a stylist only guaranteed $7.25, as Manager only $8.25. Work crappy mall hours, work like a dog to make more money.

220 Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation (View Most Recent)

District Manager

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Workiung with great group of people

Cons

Health benefits are not great

Undervalued.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am a hairstylist working for this corporation. I am a trained professional paid on a commission verses 7.25 an hour basis. I feel underappreciated and used. I stand behind the chair for 12 hours somedays without so much as a restroom break like a robot. Low blood suger, dehydration and kidney infections are a common health concern for me. Customers are standing around with hands on hips always angry about the wait time while we're steadily cranking em in and out. Creativity is suppressed by stressed and hurried services all the while we are smiling and catering to demanding customers trying to make up for the flaws of a "first come first serve" system where some may call ahead of time and seemingly skip in line. We are to greet every client that walks in our salon, help with retail questions and transactions, answer a constaintly ringing phone all the while trying to perform a service on the client in our chair. We are forced to push retail to our service clients by following a retail based skit we are to memorize and perform for every customer in which we are graded. We must sell a minimum of three service clients products a day under the threat of reprimand not to mention we must get every client's name and email for if we fall under a certain percentage we are written up or terminated. We are paid a commission from a quota that we are to reach by charging 13.95 per haircut. Located inside wal-mart you can rest assured our customer base is after a bargain, and wal-mart caters to them by printing 7.99 coupons on the back of every customer receipt. If you think about it, what is 40-45 to 50% of 7.99. It's not even minimum wage, and with customers wanting stacked bobs and trendy specialty cuts your standing behind that chair for 45 minutes on some cuts only to receive a 7.99 coupon.

Cons

Most of the customers don't know I'm taking the loss for their savings. My supervisor told me to look at it as a gift I'm giving them. Where some could not get a haircut because they couldnt afford it.
    I can not seem to look at it as a gift. My work that I do to support my family is NOT a gift. I don't go out to eat if I can't afford it. You don't HAVE to have a haircut. Don't get one if you cant afford it. They say these coupons are bringing more clients in, but they are only bringing people in that don't want to spend money. You cant upsale a ticket to a client set on only spending 7.99 much less sell the products.
    The problem is the company I work for has and continues to cheapen itself. We already offer amazing prices and dicounting them more only proves we are a cheap salon with stylist who don't feel they deserve to be paid more. The seasoned stylist will not stay long in a place that continues to undervalue her work. I am not a quitter which is probably why I've held out so long but it has been taxing to my emotional and physical health, not to mention the stress it has caused to my family.
    Through out the years I have worked here upper managment has changed too many times to count, so has our customer service programs. We are given different marketing techniques to better our services and made to adapt to everyone of them. The left hand never knows what right hand is doing. There is no organization on any level with this company. What more can i say? Sadly, ALOT. But I'll stop here.

Spend a day behind the chair at one of your busier salons then you'll know what changes need to be made.

There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation