Regus

www.reguscareers.com

HQ

Former Employee - Telephone Operator  in  Washington, DC (US)
Former Employee - Telephone Operator in Washington, DC (US)

Pros

I found that management recognized my strengths and were supportive of my efforts to learn and grow. Ongoing training was made available to me which allowed me to feel satisfied in the position that I was constantly challenged and at the same time made me a more valuable employee to the company. I had the opportunity

Cons

The down side is to working at HQ is that I didn't feel a very strong connection with any of the other colleagues other than those in management. Employee morale amongst the staff was sometimes low. Some of the staff didn't feel valued as employees.

Have the utmost respect for your clients and employees, listen to their ideas, wishes, needs.

Other reviews for Regus

Great place to meet a wide array of professionals from all industries and thereby find a new job.

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

As you are faced daily with professionals from many companies, you are presented with job opportunities frequently. This is the best reason to work for this dreadful company. Expect your job description to double in workload over the course of your first year under employ.

Cons

The constant feeling of dishonesty to clients and the nagging feeling that you're as replaceable as the ever-inflating service prices are daily presences. As the industry is awash with professional women, you'll find more cutthroat than level-headed women, so expect workplace drama to reach levels you didn't think possible, and try to stand clear of the fray.

Take a few business courses: business ethics, strengthening morale, client retention (best practices), to name a few that were evidently overlooked.

You aren't valued unless you are a AD or RM

Former Employee - Client Service Representative  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in New York, NY (US)

Pros

If you like fast pace environments and things are ALWAYS going on. Definately on down time. You also meet a ton of wonderful clients. Lawyers, business consultants, etc. There are also a ton of Reguses all over the world so if you are thinking about moving somewhere else (even a different country) they probably have a center there for you to transfer to. And you learn a lot on the job. You learn computer programs, telecommunication stuff, and work processes. YOU MUST BE ORGANIZED for this job. You'll have like 60 people asking you for stuff a day and you have to be on top of everything.

Cons

Each center has a very small staff (especially in NY since there are so many offices), so when someone takes time off the whole office is distrubed. There are also no breaks! Clients come with work and you have to get it done ASAP. So there is no downtime to just catch up on office stuff. The biggest problem with Regus is their hierarchy. You as a Client Service Representative can only talk to your Operations Manager and General Manager. So if you have a problem with your managers or have suggests about how something is done, you can't talk to the Area Director or Regional Manager. I had the problem where a General Manager used one of my ideas as his own and got a promotion out of the deal and when I went to say something, HR said "Well he is higher than you are so we'll probably take his word over yours" That made me feel pretty low.

That they visit centers and talk to the employees because the General Managers of each center don't let us say anything

There are newer employer reviews for Regus.

Worked for Regus? Contribute to the Community!