There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Reynolds And Reynolds

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Kettering, OH (US)
Current Employee - Product Manager in Kettering, OH (US)

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Reynolds is a solid company. Good people for the most part. There has been a lot of talk comparing the old Reynolds to the new Reynolds. I think by now everyone is aware it is not the same Reynolds. It is a different company with different values. If you do not like the current culture look else where. Reynolds will offer a steady job.

Cons

Do not expect to have your career sky rocket. There is very little opportunity for career growth. If you are looking for a long term company, I suggest that you at other opportunities.

This is my perception for what it is worth; Senior management seem to lack the skills and experience to run a large organization. I believe that most are from Houston and to my knowledge do not have formal training to manage such a large organization. Either hire others or train the senior management team with the skills needed to keep Reynolds going.

518 Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds (View Most Recent)

It is like living out the movie Office Space

Former Employee - Web Consultant
    Former Employee - Web Consultant

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time for more than a year

Pros

I made really great friendships when working at Rey Rey.

Cons

The pay is entry level and they are extremely tight with raises. Our manager showed favoritism to several individuals and it was not fair to the rest of the department. If he liked you, you got away with being away from your desk more and not pulling your weight, but if he didn't, they would literally search for a reason to fire you. I actually was one of those favorites for a while and it was fun while it lasted. There was a lot shadiness going on, which is probably why the department had to change it's name and "re brand" it self

Act like management. Invest more in your employees.

Decent job with substandard pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment, low stress, good caliber of people overall. There are opportunities for advancement, especially due to high turnover. This would be a good first job for people just out of college who are ok with living with their parents.

Cons

You WILL live with your parents due to substandard pay. High turnover, so don't bother to make friends.
    Management is VERY out of touch with who is working for them. For example: at monthly meetings they commend employees by reading off a description clearly written by someone else, then mispronounce the employee's name, making it pretty embarrassing for everyone involved. The expectation is for employees to voluntarily work overtime (at a salaried job) an tend to reward them with recognition and praise rather than something useful (like money).
    Staff is mostly recent college graduates who are young, single and often working their first jobs. This would be fine for someone also in that position, but for more established people it's an annoying distraction.
    It may not be true company-wide, but the department in which I work promotes people to supervisory positions based on no obvious set of criteria. This is good in the sense that anyone could be promoted when it's "their turn," regardless of their suitability for a position, but bad in the sense that the overall quality of the supervisors is uneven at best.

If you pay them, they will stay.

There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!