There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

Lovely people and a relaxed work atmosphere but few career development prospects

Former Employee - Risks Analyst  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Risks Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Risk Management Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to mix with some very bright, friendly bunch of people and on the whole this is probably one of the most exciting type of modelling work in insurance.
Salaries are decent but without the banking culture so work/life balance is surprisingly good.

Cons

Work not challenging enough and this can be very frustrating, esp when you're expecting to make good use of your advanced degree. This is role-dependent but work needs to be better linked to skills to ensure staff feel challenged.

174 Other Employee Reviews for Risk Management Solutions (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time

Pros

Qualified and talented staff, pretty good benefits, flexible hours, decent location

Cons

Too many reorgs in the past few years, lots of politics, compensation not so good, management self-centered and uncaring when it comes to retaining old good people.

I come back to work for this company.

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time

Pros

1. Mentally stimulating scientific work;
    2. Can feel your contribution to the industry it provides products and services to;
    3. Flexible work hours as long as jobs get done;
    4. Flexible work location if you can demonstrate to management that you can still do a good job;
    5. Compensation package is reasonable.

Cons

1. Open cubicles/desks and glass office/conference rooms are not the type of physical environment I like to work in. It is actually depressing to me and reduces my productivity. I miss the old work space where everyone has a well-partitioned but fairly roomy tall cubicle.
    2. As the company grows, some common cultural issues seen in bigger corporations start to be felt.

1. R&D work needs or demands a more enclosed working space being provided to individual undertakers;
    2. Top management/executives should at least try to avoid appearing or being perceived arrogant, stressed or too cool by simply greeting employees at casual occasions.

There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

Worked for Risk Management Solutions? Contribute to the Community!