Exciting challenges, great brand, smart people

Current Employee - Product Marketing  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is in a great position from both a technology and brand perspective. Teams are growing, but the organization is still at a size where an individual can make an impact. Positive contributions are acknowledged and recognized.

Cons

Part of the challenge with a rapidly growing company is frequent change but increasing difficulty in coordinating efforts.

Continue to recognize and reward employee contributions. Recognize that the company is larger now and cannot turn on a dime - efforts need planning and coordination so make yourself part of a/the process.

Other Reviews for Riverbed Technology

Hard Work and Fast Pace, but Good People and Rewards

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity, great growth, ability to wear a lot of hats and be involved at all levels of the organization, flexible work environment, smart and fun people to work with and good compensation/benefits.

Cons

Kiss work/life balance good bye - the pace is insane, and never slows down. A lot of red tape for such a small company, sometimes makes it hard to get things done.

Ease up on the bureacracy and empower your directors more for approvals, etc. It's very difficult to get things done when everything needs to go to the VP or even C-Level for approval. Also extending bonuses to lower levels would do a lot to help managers and below feel like the company values the work they do and credits them for its success. Directors and VPs look good because of their people, so give us peons our due.

Secret Gem Company

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

- True sense of "we're all in this together" vs. siloed business unit environment
    - Information is freely shared among all employees
    - Employees are encouraged to take managed risks and try new approaches to problems
    - Better Work/Life Balance compared to similar size/revenue companies where I've worked before
    - FABULOUS parties! Holiday, Halloween and Summer family picnic

Cons

- Growing pains in our SF office - too crowded on some floors - will be moving to a new building in a year though
    - Hard to see a direct path to career advancement

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology.

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!