There are newer employer reviews for Robert Half

Recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Portland, OR (US)
Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Robert Half full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great training, lots of opportuntiy to grow professionally,good pay structure and benefits

Cons

cookie cutter approach to managing people,one size fits all, people in fear of losing job due to a bad a month or two, leads to bad behavior between peers trying to save themselves.

take the longer view and look at performance over a minimum of a quarter at a time. Expect better behavior between employees and don't reward bad behavior by bending the rules.

860 Other Employee Reviews for Robert Half (View Most Recent)

Best sales training you will ever receive.

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Knowledgeable Division Director who has been there 15+ years and I am lucky to be surrounded by a very senior staff who can mentor me through every scenario I have encountered thus far.

Cons

Not for the faint of heart. This is a hard-core sales environment at it's finest, definitely be prepared to work long hours and your life will revolve around the phone. This should be no problem for you at all if you are truly a sales professional, that is the name of the game in any sales role. If you don't think you can handle that I suggest you look at other opportunities.

Terrible ethics, management, and sales culture, not a good place to work, sales comes first, quality recruiting last

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Robert Half full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They hire anyone off the street bc of the high turnover, so if you are looking for a job you will probably get hired. But working their is painful so it is not really a pro.

Cons

I'll start with how poorly they treat their employees and then go into how they take advantage of the candidates and clients. It is a culture full of new hires and lifers. While I met some good people there both newbies and lifers, the overall culture there is everyone hates working there and is using it to get a paycheck while they find their next job.
    1. The reason why everyone hates working there is because it is an old school sales company that only knows how to manage numbers and not people. For example, employees are tasked to meet sales quotas of a min # of sales calls and candidate interviews, while that is fine to have as a sales company, they do not teach how to develop and build quality relationships with your clients, in fact it is not allowed since you have to call new people every day. This type of sales technique is really all about making unwated outbound sales call and hoping you get a lead, anyone with half a brain and a desire to do quality work will quickly get bored of this sales activity.
    2. This is why so many people burn out and leave bc not only does making mindless outbound sales call feel like you have no soul, it is also an ancient sales technique that no longer works in this industry anymore.
    3. They treat candidates as dispensible, their is no respect for their time, they want you to interview everyone not because we can find everyone jobs but because they think by interviewing everyone will eventually get more business out them. Again sales comes before quality recruiting.

Stop managing by the numbers, stop hiding behind the numbers and start caring about your employees and candidates. Employees are not robots and candidates are not looking to give you business, they are looking for your help to find them a job.

There are newer employer reviews for Robert Half