There are newer employer reviews for Rocky Mountain Chocolate

Frustrating and yet fun.

Former Employee - Shift Lead  in  Halifax, NS (Canada)
Former Employee - Shift Lead in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at Rocky Mountain Chocolate

Pros

It was fun! People are happy when you sell them chocolate, and are generally very interested, and not very cranky. And when they are, it's ridiculous so you don't care, really.

Cons

The managers and owners didn't actually know anything about the business. The night supervisor and myself and the girls, seemed to be the only ones who knew what was up.

Stop treating the franchises like crap.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Rocky Mountain Chocolate (View Most Recent)

The ownership makes the difference

Former Employee - Manager  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Rocky Mountain Chocolate

Pros

You get to eat all the chocolate you want! As a franchise I had a great amount of influence on all aspects of our store.

Cons

Most locations are franchises, and therfore you are at the beck and call of your owner. I have worked for two RMCF stores and the ownership made the difference. At my last position in Denver I was overworked, underpaid and underappreciated!

As a Company RMCF has little intervention at the store level, I would advise them to have a training seminar for their owners in order to provide them a brief glimpse as to what their responsibilities will entail.

Rewarding job, not for the career minded.

Current Employee - Reail Store General Manager
    Current Employee - Reail Store General Manager

I have been working at Rocky Mountain Chocolate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast pace work environment, working with chocolate, flexible schedule. The company itself is comprised of genuine and friendly people.

Cons

Low wages, high work demands, no real opportunity for career growth, lack of timely support from corporate.

The left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing.
    Need more brand exposure and don't rely so much on franchisees to do that work for them.
    Don't be so reluctant to change, Innovate for goodness sake.

There are newer employer reviews for Rocky Mountain Chocolate

Worked for Rocky Mountain Chocolate? Contribute to the Community!