There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the Firm's bonus structure that compensates people who work hard and bring value to the firm. The flexability Ryan give through the myRyan program is unmatched.

Cons

Can be stressfull at times. Would love to have a Christmas bonus. Wish partners would be more proactive instead of reactive.

It would be nice to have management be more transparent about what is going on. They are doing an execellent job though navigating the direction of the Firm.

208 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

I consider myself extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to work at Ryan for the past 8 years.

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best decision Ryan ever made was to implement the "myRyan" work structure. Managers and employees have the flexibility to work without physically being in the office provided it does not impede client service. This environment allows for a much better work/life balance. Our bonus system also incentivizes teams to flight for our clients because a portion of employee compensation is directly tied to the refunds/fees we generate.

Cons

While out bonus structure is one of our greatest strengths, it can also sometimes be a source of friction between teams. Many employees have left our firm over the years because they are working just as hard as other successful teams, but their projects are just not generating the expected fees.

I think all employees would like the opportunity to purchase stock in the company or earmark a certain percentage of monthly pay that would go towards equity investment. This is something that was discussed in at our Firm meeting in March 2012. I believe our management team is still looking into it.

Provides and excellent opportunity to learn about sales tax and share this knowledge with our clients.

Current Employee - Manager, Client Support Services in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager, Client Support Services in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees are encouraged to make suggestions for improvement or make to make changes to imporve processes and are allowed to run with new endeavors or initiatives without much interferece from senior management. Whenever an employees takes charge of a new initiative they are typically acknowledged for their efforts.

Cons

In some situations senior management agrees to or decides to take on some work or project without consulting the groups affected or considering the current capicity of the groups involved.

When action items are assigned at Town Hall meetings a report back to the employees should be made to keep them informed on the status of the action item. When senior management accepts a meeting they should do their best to attend the meeting or send a note they will not be attending. Too often meetings are accepted by senior management and they do not show up. Where they do show at a meeting they are almost always late.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC