SAIC
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Great company that takes care of its people

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Company has a strong network of people with technical skills & people that genuinely care about doing right and performing well.
- Salary / Benefits are comparable to others in the industry
- From my own experience, managers trust the employees to perform their jobs; I have been afforded the opportunity on several occasions to find ways to improve my assignments / tasks to make the customer happy & to make our system work more effectively.
- From my personal experience, I get to travel quite frequently
- Although contracting is not very secure, I have seen the company take care of its employees even after a contract on which they were working either expired or failed to be renewed. This develops a trust between the employee & the company.

Cons- Since I started working just over 3 years ago, we have had 3 different CEOs, and are now discussing a company split (although this may actually be a Pro in the long-term); Unsure how to feel about upper management.
- Like with any contracting job, job security is not as strong as on the government / private sector
- Does not seem like there is much room for upward mobility; from personal experience, if you work harder and outperform, you will be rewarded no more & no less than those that do just enough to get by (this is how I have seen it under my new manager --the old one was a little more fair / aware enough to reward those that went above & beyond). This just makes the employees either lose motivation, or simply start looking elsewhere where their hard work will be more appreciated

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep stressing the importance of Ethics --it keeps people aware, accountable, and develops trust between coworkers and the company; Be more open about future of contracts, find more ways to reward those that you know are valuable to the company.

many opportunities

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)
Lynnwood, WA (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: work with multiple customers, challenging problems to solve and… Cons: The copy is different for each division, I have worked in two and they are run totally different from each other.… Advice to Senior Management: McLean and San Diego are not your only locations, if you work out side of these areas,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Worst job experience of my 20 year career

I have been working at SAIC full-time for less than a year

Pros: None that I can recall. Cons: As of January 2013, the health benefits they offer will become nearly useless. If you don't have a billing code, then you don't receive… Advice to Senior Management: Weed out your lazy middle management and "wake up!" the upper management.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.