SAIC

www.saic.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Great government contractor

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company that cares about its employees. Dedicated to providing effective solutions to its clients. Good benefits and work schedule flexibility.

Cons

Project centric, not always room for career mobility between projects. Similarly, often insulated from what other parts of the company are doing.

1211 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

almost 15 years and counting

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been very fortunate to work under some of the best leadership SAIC has. Jobs are plentiful and for those with ambition opportunities will always be present. Great people, good salaries, central locations and flexible schedules.

Cons

Change is certain. Numerous restructures in the almost 15 years I have been here. Employee owned was the best years. Communication is difficult in a company so large and spread across the world. Some of the larger corp functions do not work as efficiently as the should but that effect does not always work its way down far enough to affect the people.

Remember the people that helped this company get where it is. Take a hard look at benefits these are some of what it takes to land and retain top talent and employee moral. Look at the people loosing coverage from government cut backs and use them to fill vacancies whenever possible! Corporate should have more effective tools to assist the line personnel to lighten the load for middle management and allow things to be a little more consistent across the company.

We are one...SAIC

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement and fair layoff practices

Cons

Laid off, with a lot more to come

Communication was lacking