SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,000 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Not what I thought it would be

Help Desk Technician (Current Employee)
Oak Ridge, TN (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

ProsDuring these tough times...it is a job. You've gotta do what you gotta do and work where you gotta work.

ConsYour "Lunch Schedule" time or hour changes every day.
You take about 50-60 calls every day. You are allowed 2 -- 15 minute breaks, but you have to check in with the Tier 2 before going on break. Oh and only 1 person is allowed to be on break at 1 time...so good luck trying to go to the restroom if you have to ...well you know.....
Employee turnover is very high...a lot of people are quitting because they are tired of the nonsense, because they are being screamed and yelled at by team leads.
Everyone agrees that we are not paid fairly for the amount of work that we do and for the stuff that we have to put up with.
You start out on a 6 month contract making $11.36/hour. You are told that you are going to be brought on full time, but 6 months goes by and then a year has went by and now it has been about 1.5 years and you are still on contract with a temp agency. Luckily or maybe I should say unfortunately when you are brought on / hired on full time by the company then you will get an $0.80 cent raise. So you will be making the big money at $12.16/hour instead of working for nothing at $11.36/hour.
Also as a contracted temp, you will NOT receive holiday pay. If you do work a holiday you will not get extra pay for it. It will just make up your regular hours for the week.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage people...Treat people with RESPECT...Treat people as adults

Too large to really care about employees

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: Ok benefits Flexibility in schedule Location Ok salary Cons: Had to go through some HR actions in the past to bring salaries up to industry standards. No severence even after 20 yrs. Large company bureaucracy. Too much… Advice to Senior Management: Listen and learn from your employees - especially when they've been around a long time. When you're new at management,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

positive experience during employee-owned company

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
McLean, VA (US)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits! Flexible working hours. Positions are available in many… Cons: Since the company went to public. You need to be more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.