STMicroelectronics
www.st.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Bad management with excellent engineers

Senior Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics as a contractor for less than a year

ProsEngineers are excellent and working very hard. The vacation policy is as flexible as European company can. You could take 4-5 weeks off in a row. MEMS is being dominated by STM worldwide.

ConsEngineering talents suffer from mismanagement. Upper management cannot let redundant employees in Europe because of the tight labor environment. Therefore, STM carries all financial burdens to maintain more than 50K people.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to learn how to boost morale

Limited learning and skill growth

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros: Work life balance, Compensation, transparency, equality norm Cons: limited learning , limited opportunity to learn new skills, no… Advice to Senior Management: should be more aggressive in deployment of new decisions and… More

Relaxed, old-folks home culture

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Relaxed, slow pace, friendly colleagues, understanding people, great place to retire, provides courses for employees. Man days can always be arranged with BAs, I usually… Cons: Compensation is below industry standard, Management doesn't care about employees, full of foreigners (Myannmarese + Malaysians… Advice to Senior Management: Forego your transport/house allowances, and reward your employees with a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on STMicroelectronics.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STMicroelectronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for STMicroelectronics CEO Carlo Bozotti. All reviews posted anonymously by STMicroelectronics employees.