There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

C.Y.A.

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned A LOT, for better or worse. Great experience on my resume.

Cons

So many unscrupulous things happening behind the scenes, I don't know where to start. Very few career options/paths within the company if you have aspirations to grow. Dishonesty and finger pointing run amuck. With the exception of a select few, some of the most generally disrespectful people I have ever worked with. No sense of teamwork, only 'ME ME ME'

Back up your people when they are doing their job or acting on your behalf. Otherwise, it sends the message to everyone else not to take them seriously. Identify the rare employees you have that truly go above and beyond and recognize them, instead fo acting like they just performed the very basics of their job and continually using scare tactics to drive them to take on extra responsibilities, without the benefit. Be honest, and be accountable for your decisions.

328 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Mislead, and frustrated.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Chavies, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chavies, KY (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job. At least they hire after an interview and want to make every attempt to retain you.

Cons

Forget about a promotion unless you kiss some serious management butt. I considered myself to be qualified to do many jobs with Sykes, but found myself being passed up on a consistent basis. Certain employees get away with more based on who they know as well. It's a 'good ol' pal' network and if you're not in said network, then you're days are numbered. Did I mention the salary is a joke?

Seek employment elsewhere and hopefully someone with sense can help manage the solid workers they have employed. Or pay lower level employees more.

good

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist  in  Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

high salary plus other benefits and incentives, health card within one month, good working environment and great shifting hours

Cons

none so far, try to apply and see for yourself!

none.none.none.none.none

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!