Samsung Austin Semiconductor
www.samsung.com Austin, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company

Engineering Technician II (Former Employee)

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is a good company to work for. Quarterly bonuses are nice. Reward for having to work holidays if you're on one of the 12 hour shifts make up for having to work those days, and having an excelerated work week is NICE! Who can complain about having a guarranteed 3 day weekend every week, then a 4 day weekend every other week. That was my favorite schedule that I've ever worked. The stipend for the onsite cafeterias that were offered while I was there were nice too.

ConsIf you're a salaried employee (not hourly) you will be expected to work far beyond the typical 40 hour work week.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take employees for granted and perhaps to a better job as to the over achievers who truely to go beyond the call of duty.

Equipment Technician

Equipment Technician (Current Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fair pay and good hours. Plenty of overtime available as… Cons: Do as I Say mentality when it comes to new procedures.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees when they try to provide feedback Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Your job satisfaction will vary depending on which department you work in

Senior Eng (Current Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Cutting edge technology, great benefits, quarterly bonuses, good pay, constantly changing (which can… Cons: constantly changing, Korea always seems to use the Christmas season to roll out… Advice to Senior Management: Keep pushing for the culture changes! Most of us come to work to support our families but when… More

There are newer reviews on Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Austin Semiconductor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Samsung Austin Semiconductor CEO Dr. Woosung Han. All reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Austin Semiconductor employees.