There are newer employer reviews for San Francisco AIDS Foundation

This is a great place to work if you want to help people and make a living

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about SFAF is their staff. They are unique, quirky, intelligent and easy-going. Really never met someone I didn't like when I worked there. Good pay, hours usually flexible, and my boss(s) have always been nice-reasonable.

Cons

None really to speak of. There is an ungodly amount of emails you are expected to read, but that's really not a big deal. Altogether it's a great place to work. The location does bare mentioning, this place is in the hood, which for me is no problem, but 6th street can get a bit sketchy at night.

I know it's a huge non-profit but some more contact with the executives would be nice

7 Other Employee Reviews for San Francisco AIDS Foundation (View Most Recent)

Good Coworkers but Board likes to squeeze

Former Employee - Software Developer, Business Applications in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent working atmosphere, people really care about what they're doing and pay is decent for a non-profit.

Cons

HQ in an unpleasant part of the City but the area is due to improve. Unfortunately, then, the main body of clients (not who you think) will be moving to another rundown area and SFAF will probably follow them there.

You really do need IT and you need more than to keep the lights on. Instead of allocating the bare minimum, you can improve ability to comply with City and State contracts by investing in adequate IT structure and staff.

Great customer service position, wonderful folks to work with

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation full-time

Pros

loved the 9-5 and time off for weekends and late evenings - flexible schedule was a big perk. Creating an experience for folks that was life changing is something that was awesome.

Cons

It's just too bad that SFAF is moving in the direction of moving towards the Castro and leaving the folks who need access to them most behind in the tenderloin. All the management within ALC has changed since I worked there, so i'd say ask to shadow for a day and see what you like.

Great for work life balance
    Team spirit strong
    comrodary
    enjoyable folks to work with
    well taken care of