Schlumberger
3.6 of 5 1,348 reviews
www.slb.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Good place to start, fantastic carrer planning and training.

Field Engineer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

ProsTraining, Career plan, great team to work with, international workforce.

ConsPromotion is based mostly in what you pretend you can do rather than what you can actually do... I’ve seen employees going up the ladder very quickly without any solid technical skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude tech assessment to promote field personnel, a good power point presentation is not enough to assess the employee technical competency.

If you don't want a life, join Schlumberger

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time

Pros: Decent salary if you fight for it Cons: HR/Personnel are incompetent Married to the job - they dictate where you live, what hours you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The most beneficial internship I have ever had.

Intern (Former Employee)
    Cairo (Egypt)

I worked at Schlumberger as an intern for less than a year

Pros: This company cares about 3 things, technology, money, and people. So you are going to learn and improve a… Cons: Large work loads, bad vacations and work life balance. the first few years there you are totally dedicated… Advice to Senior Management: Try to make regular meetings with the employees to see… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schlumberger CEO Paal Kibsgaard . All reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees.