Schlumberger
3.6 of 5 1,240 reviews
www.slb.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Former Field Engineer Trainee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Schlumberger full-time

ProsIt is a great place to work in if you like the oil industry. They had a really friendly employees and people are willing to help.

ConsYou have to be able to handle being a field engineer. If you are okay with living in hotels (most of the time), and your life being the field (people and work) then this is the place for you or else.....

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the option to some potential hires of being in the field/facility for a week or so before starting work to see if they like it.

Multi cultural, dynamic, lots of different exposure

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very multi cultural, does not matter what accent you have, what back… Cons: Getting extremely paperwork trail driven. for every mistake being made… Advice to Senior Management: don't kill everything one does (wrong) with a procedure, experience should be given… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros: collegial atmosphere, very pro-employee, great work culture, great perks, travel… Cons: salaries not as high as other competitors, you have to… More

There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schlumberger CEO Paal Kibsgaard . All reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees.