Schwan's
www.theschwanfoodcompany.com Marshall, MN 5000+ Employees

Always Looking For A New JOB

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Schwan's

ProsThe best part is the people that you meet on a regular basis, most of them are great. You are pretty much your own boss while your out on the truck all day, and the pay is not bad.

ConsThe biggest down fall is the hours that we work, no less than 12 but no more than 14 and yes that is 5 days a week, there is not much room for advancment either.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish they would go back to the dual routes that we had when i first started, which worked out to 8 to 10 hours a day, which was great for just about everybody.

POOR PAY PLAN

DO NOT WORK for SCHWANS (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Schwan's

Pros: When you first start out you get to go to a special training class 40HRS. You get to eat SCHWANS products and the food is… Cons: Not one route at my depot was making any kind of Chairman club dollars! Thats the top maybe 1% of routes in ILLINOIS. The guys… Advice to Senior Management: Get with the times,your company sucks for employees. You treat them like dogs 60 hrs a week on avg. Mgrs dont do $@%#, they just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Schwan's a place where people like to work Upper Management gets rid of long tenure Management Employees.

Location General Manager (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Schwan's

Pros: The pay and benefits is fair and for Management good.… Cons: Long hours 12 - 14 hours for Route Drivers, a Minimum of 12 is Mandatory. Longer hours for Location General Managers 70 to 80 hours… Advice to Senior Management: Try caring about and listening to your employees cares and concerns. Vice Presidents of Sales go out in the field to Depots and try treating… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Schwan's.

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schwan's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schwan's CEO Dimitrios Smyrnios. All reviews posted anonymously by Schwan's employees.