Seagate Technology

www.seagate.com

Good News, Bad News

BlackArmor Channel and Partner Management (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsWonderful talented individuals working constantly to overcome highly political division management to deliver for the outstanding executive team and company as a whole. Creative, professional teams and strong peer support make environment worth the headaches.

ConsMeetings, meetings, meetings, and taboo subjects due to multiple acquisitions create a two-tiered culture. Productivity and profitability, particularly for Branded Solutions, is hiding the enormous potential. Habitual dismissal and de-hiring of top performers to protect status quo is costly and impactful to morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutives awarding positions based on past performance excellence may want to consider domain expertise, particularly with regard to B2B vs B2C and software. While margins are ok, they are unnecessarily lean, and at risk with each release due to the lack of integration of division management in the tangible decisions being made each day "around" those executives to save product P&L.

One life-time opportunity never to be missed to give back to the community what you have learned. This industry does.

Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Seagate Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You get an opportunity to bridge the technological gap between… Cons: You need to know very well in which role you can contribute in… Advice to Senior Management: Could be more transparent within the organization. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Amazing company to work in!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Seagate Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of opportunity, great management support, great community and we… Cons: Compensation could be more competitive with the market industry. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Seagate Technology.

Worked for Seagate Technology? Contribute to the Community!