Sears

www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

learning experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waldorf, MD (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waldorf, MD (US)

I worked at Sears

Pros

meeting new people. Some benefits are good. If your a sales associate you have opportunites to make more money

Cons

You may not get rechognized for the good things you do. On stressful days with management they tend to bash the associates out alot and get smart with you. you have tons of goals to meet and mi

Show respect to the associates and customers. Have your associates back..

4439 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Great for seasonal or part-time work or as a first job for a student.

Former Employee - MCA in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Former Employee - MCA in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I worked at Sears

Pros

Manager keeps us in the loop on important metrics.

Managers usually available and present on the floor.

Managers generally don't put themselves on a pedestal - they act humble.

Cons

So many acronyms! I was an MCA but didn't even know what MCA stood for until about a month after I took the job. (It means Merchandise and Customer Assist, by the way). I still don't know what many of the terms mean.

While most co-workers were friendly, a few seemed impatient.

Almost all of the merchandise pick-up team is male. Women can carry heavy objects too (more than some of us guys could, myself included)!

Connect what we're doing to the overall success of the company - how are WE helping Sears succeed? Also, get employees more involved in community service projects.

The worst job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Cashier in Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at Sears

Pros

-Pay reasonable for cashier job
    -Better than being unemployed....maybe

Cons

-Management very pushy about credit cards. I was expected to open one credit account per hour worked. Management criticized me in front of customers for not opening enough cards. I was bribed, harassed, you name it regarding credit accounts.
    -Management would not help with anything. I would have customers yelling in my face and could not get a manager to help.
    -Horribly rude customers.
    -When calling in sick (1 time for the 2 months I worked there) I was told "if you keep doing this you will be fired."
    -Regularly scheduled on Sundays despite making it very clear that I could not work that day due to my religious convictions and family obligations.
    -All of this despite being constantly rated very high on customer service satisfaction surveys.

Be attentive to your employees and listen to their concerns. Stop making credit accounts more important than customer service.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears