There are newer employer reviews for Sears

learning experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waldorf, MD (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waldorf, MD (US)

I worked at Sears

Pros

meeting new people. Some benefits are good. If your a sales associate you have opportunites to make more money

Cons

You may not get rechognized for the good things you do. On stressful days with management they tend to bash the associates out alot and get smart with you. you have tons of goals to meet and mi

Show respect to the associates and customers. Have your associates back..

4071 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Good for part time, but certainly not a career.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, TN (US)

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Respected Company, especially by older people.
    In smaller communities, you can really establish great relationships with customers
    Very relaxed environment

Cons

Incompetent senior management. ie, stock has dropped almost 70% since January 2011.
    Really pushes Shop Your Way Rewards and PA's.
    Alienates their old market in order to corner a new one.

You had a massive customer base that has been all but abandoned by new policies. Try and remember the older folks who have been loyal customers for their whole lives.

The worst job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Cashier in Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at Sears

Pros

-Pay reasonable for cashier job
    -Better than being unemployed....maybe

Cons

-Management very pushy about credit cards. I was expected to open one credit account per hour worked. Management criticized me in front of customers for not opening enough cards. I was bribed, harassed, you name it regarding credit accounts.
    -Management would not help with anything. I would have customers yelling in my face and could not get a manager to help.
    -Horribly rude customers.
    -When calling in sick (1 time for the 2 months I worked there) I was told "if you keep doing this you will be fired."
    -Regularly scheduled on Sundays despite making it very clear that I could not work that day due to my religious convictions and family obligations.
    -All of this despite being constantly rated very high on customer service satisfaction surveys.

Be attentive to your employees and listen to their concerns. Stop making credit accounts more important than customer service.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears