Sendero Business Services

www.senderoconsulting.com

This company has an amazing culture and team spirit!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Locally-focused management consulting; fun; strong core values (integrity, respect, passion, higher reaching, and shared success); collaborative; humble; smart, interesting people; working together to build something really special; strong trust in leadership

Cons

There have been some growing pains as the company went from 15 or so employees with a long history together, to 35+ with a mix of new college grads and experienced hires outside of the original network. There's also a lot of work to do internally to grow the company, which, while interesting, can feel like a burden. It's also hard being patient for the company to get big enough to offer some of the things large companies can (in terms of benefits, salary, training, etc.), but in my opinion, it's worth the wait and I know they are giving the best deal they can.

Continue the focus on the company culture; continue over-communicating so everyone knows the strategy and their place in it; confirm priorities periodically.

Other reviews for Sendero Business Services

Amazing! Close friendly atmosphere purposefully nurtured from management down.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

I worked for a top 4 consulting firm in technology for 3 years. It is night and day difference! No traveling required, yet still have large scale clients in-town. Co-workers are amazing. No arrogant consultants here - people who care about getting a job done right and on time, and having some fun while doing so. We have pizza Fridays and truly fun quarterly company meetings. Benefits match those of the top tier firm. Salary is about one year below what I had been making, but Sendero does promotions twice a year. Honestly, a salary one year back is not nearly such a big deal considering the quality of life improvement and chances for increases soon. Also, weekly one-on-one meetings with your manager for support and feedback ensure you are on the right track.

Cons

I had to seriously think about this. The only con would be the self-improvement training courses. At the moment there is a small amount of them, however they are negotiating for a larger and broader amount of online courses for the employees.

Continue to be selective in your employees regarding culture match. Well done so far!

Great people, challenging work and strong core values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Working for Sendero has been a very rewarding experience. The work is challenging and allows you to build knowledge and skills in a variety of industries and service lines. The integrity and compassion of the senior leadership team is incomparable. They are truly passionate about growing the company and individuals.

Being part of a small company has many perks - employees are able to wear many hats and participate in internal initiatives that help grow the company and establish new structures to support that growth. Every opinion counts and there are multiple avenues to ensure your voice is heard (Career Advocacy Program, culture surveys, forums with the senior leadership team, Q&A sessions at quarterly meetings, etc.).

I can personally say that the emphasis on work/life balance others have mentioned is absolutely true - and allows employees to appropriately focus on personal lives/interests, family, community, etc. while still enjoying a challenging and exciting career.

Cons

Training opportunities are minimal compared to other firms, but strategies and projects are in place to continue to develop training, identify more opportunities and fill those gaps. Compensation and benefits are lower compared to some consulting firms - however, with our locally-focused business model and current size, this is understandable. Compensation is being compared to similar firms and adjusted accordingly. All in all, no company is ever perfect but everyone at Sendero is committed to sticking to our core values in every decision we make, supporting each other, taking on new challenges and delivering great work to our clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Sendero Business Services.

Worked for Sendero Business Services? Contribute to the Community!