Sherwin-Williams

www.sherwin-williams.com
  www.sherwin-williams.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Great company with benefits and good leaders.

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sherwin-Williams is a long established compnay with a great track record for hiring good people. Everyday is different, operating a store is enjoyable, providing above and beyond customer service, full benefits with bonus potential. Overall it is a great company to start at and if you want to stay you can definitely move up. Flexible schedule.

Cons

It takes a while to move up the ranks unless you are a real go getter but even then the chips need to fall in the right places. Sales calls, not quite cold calling, but practically. Working weekends and holidays, despite having a flexible schedule.

Take care of the people who are the face of SW. The management teams in all of the stores across the country. Without them, the company will suffer.

882 Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams (View Most Recent)

Good Benifits but They Make you Bleed

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great health benefits! Dollar for dollar matching funds to contribute towards a 401K deposit. Credit Union. Various discounts from affiliated companies. Top notch industry and retail training. Fantastic opportunities both career wise and financially if you are a top producer.

Cons

LOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooong hours. 12-14 hour days, no entitlement to breaks or meals.Work weeks can be 6-7 days consistantly. Condescending upper and middle management. Constant threats by middle management to get the store staff to produce more with less. Corporate politics/clicks rule the middle and upper management in this company.

While there are a lot of benefits to working with Sherwin Williams, I do not recommend it as a place to plan on retiring from if you plan on remaining a store manager. When the going is good, its great. When the economy turns, you are made to fear for your job.

Good Job to Get Through College

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA (US)

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better than average part time pay and generally they were fairly flexible with my school schedule, I also got a company matched 401k and paid vacation time each year. Overall a pretty good job.

Cons

Very small staff in each store makes it difficult to call out sick if you need to as it places a great strain on those who are working. Also for the pay they expect a lot more out of you than most and you only get one raise a year which isn't much. I have worked for four years and I started at $10.50 and I just now got a decent raise to 11.80 because I took on more reasonability and became a key holder. They really work you to the bone when you are on the lower tier.

Empower lower level employees and have friendlier work environments.

There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams