Sierra Nevada Corporation

www.sncorp.com
  www.sncorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Long time employee

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At SNC I have worked on many challenging projects. We get full support to accomplish the mission. I work with incredibly intelligent teammates. It is very satisfying when the things we build are deployed and help the men and women in the field. Pay and benefits are great too.

Cons

you have to be a motivated self starter to work in engineering here. Our informal motto is 'no slackers'. Is that a con?

keep the projects coming and add more motorcycle parking.

224 Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation (View Most Recent)

A place where you won't say "I hate Mondays"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work is diverse, challenging, and there's always something new and exciting over the horizon. Cohesiveness and team spirit run strong through the entire company, from the CEO right down to the crew on the front lines. If you want a career that will allow you to stretch and grow, one that will make you eager to come to work each morning and go home satisfied at the end of the day, and one that is rewarding in every aspect, a position at Sierra Nevada Corporation is for you.

Cons

Nota really a con, but the rapid growth of the company and the continuing acquisition of new contracts means that we keep our noses to the grindstone every day. If you're looking for a place to relax and coast, look elsewhere.

Great Company Feel -- Especially for an Engineering Firm

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am a relatively young employee at SNC, but I must say this company is incredible. I am surrounded by incredible people, and the enviroment here is one of supporting each other for the company's success. Everyone has high standards, but is also willing to provide the necessary resources for you to achieve those standards. For being an engineering firm, they are pretty good at respecting the work/life balance. Probably the most important benefit of working here is the awesome products we work with. We are on the cutting edge of technology, which always makes for an interesting day at work.

Cons

There are not really any cons associated with this company, at least for me. The environment here is a good fit for hard working, responsible, and friendly individuals.

As we grow, don't let this company become a corporate giant that doesn't care for its employees, like some of our competitors.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation