There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Long time employee

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Sparks, NV (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At SNC I have worked on many challenging projects. We get full support to accomplish the mission. I work with incredibly intelligent teammates. It is very satisfying when the things we build are deployed and help the men and women in the field. Pay and benefits are great too.

Cons

you have to be a motivated self starter to work in engineering here. Our informal motto is 'no slackers'. Is that a con?

keep the projects coming and add more motorcycle parking.

207 Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation (View Most Recent)

A great company that is continuing to grow and improve.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hagerstown, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many opportunities for employees to grow and enhance their skills. SNC has a great tuition reimbursement program and supports internal and external training opportunities. SNC is proof that if you work hard and follow the philosophy that "it is the right thing to do" you will suceed.

Cons

Communication between functional departments needs improvement

Continue to expand the business and bring talented dedicated people on board.

Sierra Nevada is the Best Place I have Ever Worked

Current Employee - Design Engineer  in  Durham, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Durham, NC (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for several aerospace companies throughout my career. Sierra Nevada is unlike any other company I have seen. This is a privately owned company which means the operation of the company is not tailored to stockholders. That gives the owners of the company the flexibility to invest in the company in whatever manner they choose. The owners and executive staff of the company are extremely bright people and if you look at the past growth track of the company you will understand why. The corporate environment is set up for technical achievements as the past growth shows. If I need a technical resource (equipment, software, etc.,) to do my job or do my job better, all I have to do is ask and it generally will be provided.

The owners of this company foster a family attitude with the employees and I do feel like part of a big family. The employee benefits are nothing short of fantastic. The owners of the company treat their employees as they would want to be treated.

All in all, it is a pleasure to work for Sierra Nevada.

Cons

Honestly, when I compare working at Sierra Nevada Corporation to all of the past companies I have worked for, I cannot think of one single con. Everything about Sierra Nevada (benefits, corporate attitude, working environment, etc.,) is the best I have ever seen.

Fatih, Eren & Executive Staff: It is a pleasure and honor to be part of such a successful organization. Keep up the great work. I look forward to being at Sierra Nevada the rest of my career.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Worked for Sierra Nevada Corporation? Contribute to the Community!