Six Flags
www.sixflags.com Grand Prairie, TX 5000+ Employees

Great experience for teens

Retail Manager (Former Employee)
Upper Marlboro, MD (US)

I worked at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

ProsI was able to get great training in retail and customer service. I was also able to get experience as a retail manager before I was 18. It was a busy environment, which taught me how to work with others to get things done quickly. You get into the park free and there are a lot of team member parties.

ConsManagement is young and can be petty and unprofessional. There is a lot of pressure if you are a young lead/supervisor. The pay is low for all that you do and you have to work long hours (if you are a lead).

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't talk down to those who are working under you and stay professional.

Alright for first job, I wouldn't go back though.

Lead (Current Employee)
Valencia, CA (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people, Good hours in peek season, meet a lot… Cons: no hours in off season, they generally do not like to have you work over… Advice to Senior Management: Have some empathy, It always seemed like you expected people to know exactly what to do with out telling them anything, IE if it is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Summer Pay, but terrible uniforms

Ride Operator (Former Employee)
Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: You get paid weekly and the amount you can earn… Cons: The uniforms are atrocious. The bright green shirt is see-through so you have to wear a white undershirt. Even during those Texas… Advice to Senior Management: Get uniforms that don't require something to wear underneath. More

There are newer reviews on Six Flags.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Six Flags reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Six Flags CEO James W. P. (Jim) Reid-Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Six Flags employees.