There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags

Excellent company values on paper, but lack drastically as they are never enforced.

Current Employee - Team Lead in Bowie, MD (US)
Current Employee - Team Lead in Bowie, MD (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Mass-Management
Great opportunity to develop interpersonal relationship skills
Diverse work environment
Many opportunities for promotion
Several employee events
Fun and carefree employees

Cons

Oblivious favortism
Incredibly long work hours.

With this company, you either work 11-12 hour shifts, or you work 4 hour shifts. There is no middle ground, and your supervisor will decide how often they want you around. This is not company policy, but a bad management tactic used in several departments throughout the park.

Please be more fair to your team members regarding the opportunity to LISTEN to your team members, as well as making them feel like they are cared about employees rather than a body in the park. On another hand, several of your employees ARE just bodies in the park and are not helpful whatsoever, (even to OTHER team members).

471 Other Employee Reviews for Six Flags (View Most Recent)

Cutting costs at employees' expense

Current Employee - Team Member in Vallejo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Team Member in Vallejo, CA (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and not much more.

Cons

Seasonal work, meager pay, infighting, strong nepotism. This company hesitates to fire anyone who isn't a seasonal employee. The divide between seasonal and full time is so great it affects the company creating an us vs. them attitude.

If you want to acquire and retain quality employee's you need to pay for them. Your pay structure is horrid and your leadership weak and ineffective. Your company is full of people who never left so you promote them because of tenure.

Great experience for teens

Former Employee - Retail Manager in Upper Marlboro, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Manager in Upper Marlboro, MD (US)

I worked at Six Flags part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was able to get great training in retail and customer service. I was also able to get experience as a retail manager before I was 18. It was a busy environment, which taught me how to work with others to get things done quickly. You get into the park free and there are a lot of team member parties.

Cons

Management is young and can be petty and unprofessional. There is a lot of pressure if you are a young lead/supervisor. The pay is low for all that you do and you have to work long hours (if you are a lead).

Don't talk down to those who are working under you and stay professional.

There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags