There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Company Finds Ways Not To Pay You

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Phoenix, AZ (US)
Former Employee - Sales Professional in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Customers really like the Sleep Number Bed

Cons

Corporate and Management never listens to employees

Listen to your employees

163 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Great Product but they don't care about employees

Former Employee - Sleep Expert in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Sleep Expert in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, comfortable work environment, great sales training, actually help customers improve their lives through better sleep.

Cons

Focus on numbers, not on employees. Ignores human resources issue if the offending person has high sales numbers. Goals increase to ridiculous levels after employees make it past monthly sales goal.

Care about your people. This was the best and worse job I have ever had. Loved it for the actual job, hated it because of management and HR.

Let the salesforce do their jobs and stop micromanaging!

Former Employee - Sales Professional
    Former Employee - Sales Professional

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beds are the best and easy to sell along with accessories. Working with customers is mutually rewarding if you are top notch in sales and intuitive. Good name recognition, more advertising as of late.

Cons

Where do I start? "Too many cooks spoil the broth" - well there are too many managers up the chain that just want to cover their butts and don't care about the salesforce that ACTUALLY MAKES MONEY FOR THE COMPANY. They change policies and procedures daily and take people away from MAKING SALES. You hire intelligent people, so why do you beat up on them constantly?

Let the salesforce SELL. That is what they are there for, not to do silly, nonproductive busywork. Top management needs to address the middle management "covering their butts" by churning out nonesense on a daily basis to make it look like they are actually doing something. Stop moving the target for sales goals which is always way out of reach even for the best sales people, as we know that you know that if it is ridiculously high, we make less money. Month after month, that has caused people doing the SAME VOLUME to make 15-25% less in a year. Fair? I think not. Respect your people. They ARE the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort