Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com
  www.sleepnumber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Week 2 and so far so good!

Current Employee - Digital Community Specialist in Minneapolis, MN (US)
Current Employee - Digital Community Specialist in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've only just started my job here with Select Comfort HQ and already I feel welcomed and connected to the team. Everyone is very goal-driven and passionate about what they do and how they can help other advance and achieve. The company culture is dynamic, challenging and rewarding.

Cons

So far, I haven't experience too many cons. I'd say the only thing that is lacking is the employee cafeteria's selection of foods on a daily basis.

n/a

167 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Let the salesforce do their jobs and stop micromanaging!

Former Employee - Sales Professional
    Former Employee - Sales Professional

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beds are the best and easy to sell along with accessories. Working with customers is mutually rewarding if you are top notch in sales and intuitive. Good name recognition, more advertising as of late.

Cons

Where do I start? "Too many cooks spoil the broth" - well there are too many managers up the chain that just want to cover their butts and don't care about the salesforce that ACTUALLY MAKES MONEY FOR THE COMPANY. They change policies and procedures daily and take people away from MAKING SALES. You hire intelligent people, so why do you beat up on them constantly?

Let the salesforce SELL. That is what they are there for, not to do silly, nonproductive busywork. Top management needs to address the middle management "covering their butts" by churning out nonesense on a daily basis to make it look like they are actually doing something. Stop moving the target for sales goals which is always way out of reach even for the best sales people, as we know that you know that if it is ridiculously high, we make less money. Month after month, that has caused people doing the SAME VOLUME to make 15-25% less in a year. Fair? I think not. Respect your people. They ARE the company.

Company Finds Ways Not To Pay You

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Customers really like the Sleep Number Bed

Cons

Corporate and Management never listens to employees

Listen to your employees