Sogeti

www.us.sogeti.com
  www.us.sogeti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti

Great compensation-but don't expect much else once you're in the door.

Former Employee - Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)
Former Employee - Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Good career opportunities, good pay... they do take care of their employees.

Cons

If you work as a consultant, Sogeti's only concern is for their client. That means, when it comes to personal life-work balance, they just do not care. Also, don't think that they care about your career advancement once you are in the door.

Help consultants and contractors to feel like they are a part of the company.

405 Other Employee Reviews for Sogeti (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Great people, great 401k and education benefits.

Cons

Occasional "smoke and mirrors" concerning corporate communications/policies lessens trust. Not everything is %100 perfect, have more faith in your employees and provide more visibility for all things.

Pick at Long Term strategy and stick to it.

Pay your people more.

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

They have the best 401k matching I've seen. The Health insurance is High Deductible but it's free. So if you're really sick or really healthy it's good. They offer up to $12k per year in bonuses and 5% profit sharing. Company sponsors Social Events such as sporting events, theatre (tickets to "Wicked"), Monday Night Football get togethers etc..

Company provides training and free books. Free for the most part at least.

Cons

When you find out your billing rate and realize you are getting about 25% of it, it's a bit disheartening. I'm sure this is true for most consultants, but it still sucks considering how underpaid most people here are. The bonus program relies heavily on you working overtime especially if you are a lower level consultant with a billing rate much less than others.

It's more of a staffing firm than a solutions provider. many consultants will get stuck rewriting old vb code, or rewriting legacy vb6 applications and not doing new solutions. It's a luck of the draw basically on which project you get.

I would offer an alternative to the high deductible insurance. I wouldn't use Aetna either. I would put in semi-annual raises and reviews. I would also offer much more in the way of salary.

Overall, as you can see from others is, it's a good place to work, you just won't get paid what you are worth.

There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti