Sogeti

www.us.sogeti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti

Great compensation-but don't expect much else once you're in the door.

Former Employee - Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)
Former Employee - Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Good career opportunities, good pay... they do take care of their employees.

Cons

If you work as a consultant, Sogeti's only concern is for their client. That means, when it comes to personal life-work balance, they just do not care. Also, don't think that they care about your career advancement once you are in the door.

Help consultants and contractors to feel like they are a part of the company.

428 Other Employee Reviews for Sogeti (View Most Recent)

Broad company, lots of opportunities, LOW PAY.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Great projects at Sogeti, 6% match for 401k which I have not seen in any company up until now, 10000 dollars is given yearly to any employee for higher education. Sogeti provides proper training and gives you money for certifications. There are lots of social events and people are very friendly.

Cons

Low Pay, people are not paid as Valued. Senior consultants are constantly leaving the company, searching for a better paid opportunities.

Forget about I3, give us better raises, show us that we are appreciated for all the hard work we are doing.

Combines FTE benefits & stability with a contractor's flexibility, but advancement requires you go into sales.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Awesome 401k plan: 100% match of your first 6%, plus 5% on top. 100% paid bench time in between projects. Health care plan premiums are 100% paid. Consultants are salaried, but extra time billed at the client is paid out as comp time. The consultant model gives you the positives from both worlds: the stability and benefits of being an FTE, with the variety of assignments of a contractor.

Cons

You are completely dependent on the sales team to find you projects, and they don't have that many. They don't maintain a strong bullpen of available consultants, and they don't go after low margin opportunities, so they are consistently overlooked by companies looking for Test or PM consultants.

If you want to move up, the career ladder requires you to become a salesman. You cannot simply be good at what you do and expect pay increases or promotions. To move from Senior Consultant to Principle Consultant, for example, you must help land $500 million in sales opportunities.

After completing your obligations to the client, you are expected to put in time off the clock attending unit meetings, counselor meetings, training, meetings with potential clients, and company events. It's like going to a second job after your job. You are not obligated to attend, but you won't get a bonus or raise if you don't, no matter how much you grow your skills.

Health care is free, but there's a $5000 deductable on family health care plan. 401k match is the best in the industry, but the investment options are limited and there's a three year vesting period.

Vacation and sick leave are lumped together as three weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO). This is a bit low, but not so bad in itself, except that you are forced to take PTO if your client has a holiday that is not recognized by Sogeti. You can't bill the client, and Sogeti won't pay you, even if you are available and willing to work.

Have a career ladder for architects - individual contributors that want to excel in their job skills but don't want to go into sales. If you want be something other than a revolving door for twenty-something college grads, you need to make a long term commitment towards keeping employees with families. We care about going home after work. We need health coverage without such huge deductables.

There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti