Southern California Edison
www.sce.com Rosemead, CA 5000+ Employees

Great Place to Work, Lifelong Career Position

Engineer I (Former Employee)
Pomona, CA (US)

I worked at Southern California Edison

ProsA place you could stay at forever. They're dedicated to you learning and growing in your career and give great opportunities you cannot find other companies. Benefits were excellent, even still have a retirement fund. Management and senior engineers are very smart, knowledgeable people and are eager to explain the way the power industry works. Engineer I were required to take training classes given by senior engineers that allowed us to learn about most aspects of the company. Has a nice community atmosphere, nice people.

ConsIt is an extremely large company. You don't get to learn every aspect of power, there's many departments doing specific tasks and people within the department doing even more specific functions. But if you tire of one area, there's room to move around.

4 stars.....for now......

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Southern California Edison as a contractor

Pros: Great opportunity and great company who's long business history looks great on a resume. It is an environment that promotes higher learning through… Cons: GREAT company...until now. No secret....restructuring on the horizon for SCE therefore, much uncertainty for futures at… Advice to Senior Management: Look past personal relationships and keep the personnel who can take you into the future who have legitimate skills....not a relationship with the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Some departments are better than others but overall it is a good company

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Southern California Edison

Pros: Job that supports the community Competitive pay and benefits Opportunity to grow work… Cons: Not much change in the utility industry Only located in southern… Advice to Senior Management: Management training should be required Higher level degrees should be required Poor managers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern California Edison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern California Edison CEO Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Southern California Edison employees.