Southern California Edison

www.sce.com
  www.sce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

Reduction of the IT Department in 2013

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irwindale, CA (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Irwindale, CA (US)

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent and the benefits. The IT management team was just reduced by twenty percent. If oyu are looking for state of the art projects then this is the place to be.

Cons

IT is currently being hacked with layoffs in 2013. 20-30 percent of the staff will be let go in 2013. There is a new CIO and Directors which have a big say on how things get done from now on. I see a very small IT group in the next year.

We have way to many vendor who supply basics Analyst H1B consultants which is in violation of the Labor Code and their Visas.

393 Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison (View Most Recent)

Life at SCE

Current Employee - Engineer I in Rosemead, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Rosemead, CA (US)

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Family oriented company. Room for advancement

Cons

Due to its largeness as a company, it could be hard to get work done

a new system to evaluate leadership with lower level management as the current process is inefficient

Edison is leading the way towards obscurity

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In a relatively non-competitive business, salary is at market rate, benefits is above average, with lot's of training opportunities.

Cons

Company is growing thru "shrinking" pain as it attempts to reconcile the deficit (thru layoffs) amassed over the may years of budgetary and organizational abuse. The company is moving away from the stable secure family style environment to a cut throat politically driven profit & loss business.

Follow the recommendations from external auditors on how to improve your culture and the suggested mechanics to treat your employees with respect and integrity. Trust your employees rather than operate from a position of mistrust and fear.

There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison